This is how you succeed
SER is looking for an experienced Cloud Support Engineer to enhance our DevOps processes for our fast-growing SaaS system. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS/Azure technologies, with focus on infrastructure as code tasks that will target diverse assets such as operating systems (Windows, Linux) and application environments (Oracle/PostgreSQL DB, Wildfly, Tomcat). The adoption of best practice cloud security principles is key on this position.
- You will contribute on the automation of the DevOps process by programming infrastructure as code.
- You will provide and deploy cloud tenants for new customers via public clouds
- You will integrate cloud tenants with customer’s premises and users via the web or VPN
- You will run incident resolution, facilitating teamwork with other departments as required
- You will check SER cloud system diagnostics, investigate system performance issues, monitor availability, and document issues as appropriate in order to meet the SLAs in place
- You will build scripts for operational automation and incident response
- You will work with development teams and professional services to troubleshoot more complex issues
- You will contribute to the SOC2 certification process in accordance with industry standard methodologies
This is what you bring to SER
- You have a degree in Information Science/Information Technology, Computer Science or a comparable education
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the following areas:
- Systems administration in Linux/Unix and Windows
- Experience with some scripting languages such as Shell, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, etc.)
- You have experience in application troubleshooting
- Experience in the following areas is desirable (not mandatory):
- Knowledge of AWS services (specifically related to IaC, networking and security aspects, such as Terraform, Ansible, VPC, IAM etc) or Azure Services
- Exposure to security concepts/best practices
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, load balancing, routing protocols, SSH, network monitoring/troubleshooting tools
- You are passionate about learning more about the latest technologies
- You enjoy teamwork and communication in English
What if you’re not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description? That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep; so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
SER is one big family with flexibility and great benefits as well as a modern office with first-class equipment.
Interested in finding out more?
Write to us or give us a call:
Tel.: +49 228 90896-0