Putting the spotlight on adaptive BPM systems
(March 31, 2015 - Bonn / London) On 18 and 19 March, the Gartner BPM Summit 2015 was held in London and was a great opportunity for BPM experts, IT decision makers and business architects to discuss the latest trends and technologies for managing business processes. Dr Gregor Joeris took part in the event on behalf of the SER Group.
The event was held directly opposite the city's historic Westminster Abbey – yet instead of focusing on preserving past traditions, the conference was keen to take a radical new course: “big change” and “digital transformation” as well as their effects on business processes were the watchwords which were plain to see all around the conference. From a technological perspective, the main emphasis was therefore on the view that only flexible and adaptive BPM systems will be able to satisfy future requirements. This was underlined by the presentations of Gartner analysts Nikos Drakos who discussed “Coordinating Nonroutine Work” and Janelle Hill with her talk entitled “To the Point: From Transactions to Cases”, to name just two examples. It was also made clear that case management has become an important topic and one that is now on a par with traditional BPM – a prediction that Gartner made several years previously.
SER's main reason for taking part in the Gartner BPM Summit 2015 revolved around its completely newly developed business process management system. The system's launch event was held one week later and was attended by guests including Gartner Research Director Marc Kerremans. Dr Gregor Joeris took advantage of the event in London to discuss SER's product strategy for the new Doxis4 BPM with Gartner analysts and to compare it against current trends.
More information on the Gartner BPM Summit 2015: http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/emea/business-process/
Please don't hesitate to contact us for press inquiries via email or phone.
Mrs. Bärbel Heuser-Roth
Phone: +49 (0) 228 90896 220
The company SER
- Leading vendor of enterprise content management software*
- One of the top five software-only ECM vendors worldwide
- Software "Made in Germany"
- A "Challenger" in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms (CSP)
- A "Strong Performer" in both of Forrester's ECM Waves
- Over 550 employees
- More than 2,000 customers worldwide; half of which are DAX 30 companies
- Largest ECM development team in Europe
The software Doxis4
- Standardized ECM software for large corporations, mid-sized firms and public administrations
- A uniform ECM, BPM and collaboration platform with
- comprehensive metadata management
- numerous horizontal and vertical solutions
- hybrid BPM for all business processes – from ad hoc to highly structured
- collaboration components for secure information sharing, both internally and with external partners
*According to the most recently published figures on revenue, gross profits, operating results and number of employees