This is how you succeed
SER is looking for an experienced Cloud Support Engineer to expedite issue resolution with diligent attention to details and a high degree of accountability, and enhance our DevOps processes for our fast-growing SaaS system. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS/Azure technologies, operating systems (Windows, Linux) and application environments (Oracle/PostgreSQL DB, Wildfly, Tomcat), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
- You will provide and deploy cloud tenants for new customers via public clouds
- You will integrate cloud tenants with customer’s premises and users via the web
- You will run incident resolution, facilitating teamwork with other departments as required
- You will be available on call 24/7 for incident resolution in case an availability alarm is triggered
- You will check SER cloud system diagnostics, investigate system performance issues, monitor availability, and document issues as appropriate in order to meet the SLAs in place
- You will build scripts for operational automation and incident response
- You will work with development teams and professional services to troubleshoot more complex issues
- You will contribute to the SOC2 certification process in accordance with industry standard methodologies
This is what you bring to SER
- You have a degree in Information Science/Information Technology, Computer Science or a comparable education
- You have experience in application troubleshooting
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the following areas:
- Systems administration in Linux/Unix and Windows
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, etc.)
- Experience with some scripting languages such as Shell, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Initial experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Knowledge of AWS services (specifically related to IaC, networking and security aspects, such as CloudFormation, VPC, IAM etc) or Azure Services
- Exposure to security concepts/best practices
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, load balancing, routing protocols, SSH, network monitoring/troubleshooting tools
- You are passionate about learning more about the latest technologies and are open to being available for on-call support work — including overnight
- You enjoy teamwork and communication in English
What if you’re not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description? That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep; so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
SER is one big family with flexibility and great benefits as well as a modern office with first-class equipment.
Interested in finding out more?
Write to us or give us a call:
Tel.: +49 228 90896-0