Best Practice Stadtwerke Bielefeld
|Area of application
|Electronic construction records.
|Energy and water supply
|SAP PM (maintenance), FelixX (invoice processing)
|Administration at Stadtwerke Bielefeld
The electronic construction record system allows comprehensive information on the progress of construction to be obtained quickly and is decisive in helping to speed up processes.
- Inconsistent document storage systems in the different departments
- Lack of an overview of the whole process: “Where is the document? Where is the record?”
- All process-related documents are not collected
- Interface problems between SAP and FelixX
- Uniform and consistent records processing in all organisational units
- Fast, flexible access to records at all times
- Reliable deadline monitoring for documents and records
- Concurrent access to documents for all those involved in the process
- EBA – the electronic construction record system
- Integration with SAP PM and FelixX (software for costing, tender invitation, contract awarding and invoice processing for maintenance and network construction)
The handling of construction work at Stadtwerke Bielefeld is a complex process involving many different people and a high volume of documents. From the problem report (or also customer or maintenance orders), via the creation of an order in SAP to execution and invoice processing, a large number of documents are involved for which there is no uniform, structured means of storage in the departments involved. As the basis for uniform, structured document storage, constant access and the desired process improvements, it was decided to introduce an electronic construction records system that would be closely integrated with SAP PM (for maintenance) and FelixX (for invoice processing).
Reasons for SER
- Flexibility when observing the specific requirements of the Stadtwerke Bielefeld
- Simple to integrate in SAP PM and FelixX
- Specific solution for public services set up on the standard Doxis4 iECM platform
Electronic records system on the basis of Doxis4 with electronic archiving of data and documents
SAP PM, FelixX
Volume of documents
Currently 4000 records/40,000 documents
Around 100 users
Progress of construction work: If a problem is reported (e.g. a problem with a service connection), an inspection order for an installer is created in SAP PM. If a repair is required, the work is planned, an order is placed with an external company, and a construction project and order number are created in SAP. At the same time, the electronic construction record is automatically created in Doxis4. The order data from SAP, accounting-related data from FelixX and all the associated documents from external companies and all the departments involved are collected in the electronic construction record. Thanks to seamless integration between the systems, access is possible from SAP, FelixX or Doxis4. Changes in SAP and FelixX are automatically transferred to the construction record, such as when a construction project number and order number are created in SAP or a FelixX number is created.
- Less monotonous searching and filing work
- Records can be accessed at any time from anywhere
- Very simple to process and send documents (paperless process)
- Process support through deadline monitoring and resubmission for documents and records