Best Practice TGW Logistics Group GmbH
|Area of application||Managing technical drawings with the CAD Manager and electronic project records|
|Employees||2,500 in 14 branch offices worldwide|
|Turnover||475m euros (2014/15)|
Thanks to Doxis4 and the integrated CAD Manager, we now have an overview of all relevant information for each project.
- The self-developed database for 2D CAD drawings no longer met the company's needs
- The CAD plans of plant projects were only saved at the headquarters in Wels, Austria. They were sent to international branch offices on a needs basis
- Teams were at risk of working with files that were no longer up-to-date
- Integrate technical drawings into company-wide Doxis4 ECM
- Internationally available and versionsafe 2D CAD drawings
- Discontinue the legacy system
- Eliminate inconsistencies in the data files, e.g. in the numbering system, and consolidate the legacy data
- Doxis4 CAD Manager to manage and archive 2D CAD drawings from the technical application AutoCAD
- Electronic project records based on Doxis4
- CAD solution integrated into the company-wide ECM system
When planning and implementing internal logistics solutions — from small conveyor technology solutions to complex logistics centers — most involve numerous employees, departments and branch offices of TGW. These groups all require access to technical drawings (CAD) that are worked on in various locations by several teams. The drawings are also needed for calculations or for control planning purposes. The challenge was to make these drawings available across the globe and to guarantee that each team is always working with the most current version. When Doxis4 was launched throughout the company,CAD drawings were also integrated into ECM.
- SER was the clear winner of a tender process involving six other ECM vendors
- The CAD application was seamlessly integrated into SER's other ECM solutions
Doxis4 iECM suite with the CAD Manager and eRecords, e.g. project, product, item, QM, etc
500,000 drawings from the legacy database, plus 200,000 from the file system (approx. 500 GB)
All 2,500 TGW employees
The high-performing drawing management system was launched during the Doxis4 project and went live on April 1, 2013. The most important features:
- Drawings transferred directly from AutoCAD into Doxis4
- Drawings automatically tagged with attributes from the CAD file, also recognizing the corresponding assembly group structure (external references)
- List of where material was used: "Where was the component used?”
- Email distribution to the entire assembly group, option of sending an eTransmit package with fonts, styles, color tables from AutoCad
- Viewer support for all relevant formats and platforms
- Doxis4 integration makes sure that not only Office documents, emails, etc. are managed in the product and project records, but also drawings
- Benefit for the company: Global availability of CAD drawings throughout the TGW Group; the time required to create plant plans in teams now reduced; historic data from 20 to 25-year old plants are now available in electronic form for customer service
- Benefit for the users: In the project record, all information, including CAD drawings, is available at any time worldwide. Versioning ensures that only the most current drawings are used, thus eliminating error sources
How can we help you?+49 (0) 30 498582-0
Your message has reached us!
We appreciate your interest and will get back to you shortly.