Doxis News: Maximizing AI for effective information management
Have you had enough of the daily battle with massive quantities of documents? Or of the time-consuming – and often fruitless – search for information? How about tasks that are put off indefinitely because documents needed to complete them are missing? Artificial intelligence (AI) integrated in ECM helps you complete document-related tasks faster, with added intelligence and with less effort, and even largely automated. In this article, we present a few of the Doxis ICA product highlights with "AI inside" that you can use right away, as well as a preview of the upcoming AI-based innovations. We also show you the highlights of the Doxis 23.3 release, such as usability improvements in our web client, new tools for citizen developers and new features of our solutions for purchase-to-pay and healthcare.
Kick off your AI offensive with Doxis ICA
Which tasks would you like to complete (that is, have completed for you)? Perhaps you have numerous contracts in foreign languages and would like to have summaries in your own language? Or maybe you would like to have a digital assistant that can provide information about documents and their processing? Maybe you would also like meaningful keywords to be automatically added to documents during filing? These and many more concrete use cases are possible today with the AI-based Doxis Intelligent Content Automation solutions. The AI-supported features of Doxis Intelligent Content Automation improve more than just the classification of documents and the extraction of relevant content. The first applications already use generative AI to deduce the content of documents and automatically route them to the correct processes.
Currently, there are five target areas for our AI-supported Doxis ICA products and solutions that are immediately available or that are being gradually introduced in Doxis ICA. We are also working on several more:
- Doxi – your smart content assistant summarizes the content of documents for you, chats with you about documents, and much more. Check out how this works in a video on our YouTube channel.
- AI-supported features in Doxis Business Studio: Time-consuming administrative tasks, like the creation of dialog and folder structures or global value lists, are accomplished faster with the new AI-supported functions in Doxis Business Studio (see below).
- AI-supported features in Doxis webCube: "Magic extraction" will make filing documents much easier for you with regard to identifying the metadata to be used for filing. Do you want to know what the content of a document is without having to read it yourself? You will soon be able to do this with Doxis webCube.
- Doxis Intelligent Document Understanding: The new cloud-based, AI-supported capture platform of the next generation makes it possible to use the cloud cognitive services of the best providers. The Doxis Intelligent Purchase-to-Pay Automation business solution uses them already (see below).
- OpenAI straight out of the box: Prompt Fast Starters are a new category of our predefined templates, which we will provide in Doxis Business Studio at the beginning of next year. They contain predefined, ready-to-use AI "prompts" for OpenAI.
The best part about the new AI-based functions in Doxis ICA: You don't have to be a data scientist or become a trainer for large language models (LLMs) to use them. The new AI-assisted features come preconfigured in the Doxis clients. Even the new Fast Starter class, the Prompt Fast Starters, comes preconfigured with the prompts needed for each use case.
Intelligent document understanding for the P2P process
The first Doxis solution to use the new capture platform, Doxis Intelligent Document Understanding, is Doxis Intelligent Purchase-to-Pay Automation: From entry and archiving through extraction and validation all the way to review and approval (for invoices) and, finally, posting, Doxis Intelligent Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) Automation supports the entire life cycle of inbound P2P documents. The current version supports inbound supplier invoices and order confirmations; additional P2P document types will follow. For customers who require a seamless integration with SAP ECC or SAP S/4HANA, a special version of Doxis Intelligent P2P Automation for SAP is available. Doxis Intelligent P2P Automation can be used in the cloud, in hybrid scenarios or on premises.
Doxis Intelligent Content Automation
Learn more about Doxis Intelligent Content Automation, the next generation of enterprise content management: its capabilities, solution suites, business integrations, and much more.Read now
New Doxis Fast Starters, with added "AI inside" coming soon!
Doxis Fast Starters are ECM apps that can be used right away. The Doxis Fast Starters library offers a wide range of preconfigured, easily modifiable workspaces for specific departments within a company, such as sales, purchasing, or legal, as well as for specific industries, such as real estate. And the library is continuosy evolving! The newest members of the Fast Starters library are:
- Doxis Investment Workspace: Helps companies manage and document their purchases and sales of stocks and funds in a unified manner
- Doxis House Connection Workspace: Used by utility companies to manage the service connections of their customers
- Doxis Corporate Event Workspace: Helps marketing departments plan conferences, webinars, workshops and more
Corporate Event Workspace
What's next: Doxis Prompt Fast Starters: "AI inside"!
Hey Doxi, please tell me what's up next!
We handle the engineering of the prompts so that you can use OpenAI for your projects straight out of the box without the need to define prompts yourself. The first Fast Starters of the new category, "Prompt Fast Starters", will be available next year. The AI-supported Fast Starters contain predefined, natural language prompts for specific contexts. You can easily modify the prompts to suit your requirements. The first use cases for Prompt Fast Starters with OpenAI integration are automated classification of certain document types, for example, documents about customers and suppliers, sales orders and purchase orders. These new Prompt Fast Starters are add-ons for the respective workspaces. For example, the Supplier Document Classifier belongs to the Supplier Workspace.
Work in the web seamlessley
The web client Doxis webCube 23.3 has a few innovations to offer that make working with eFiles, documents and processes in the web even more convenient and intuitive, such as:
- a new eFile layout, which presents the information in an even more clearly arranged manner
- new action widgets for actions like filing documents directly from the Doxis webCube dashboard
New layout for eFiles: Completely new views await you when you open eFiles in the new Doxis webCube. In the title bar, you will now see the object icon and the name of the eFile, as well as the most important actions to the right. Click the star above the name to add the displayed eFile to the favorites. It doesn't get any easier than that!
Faster with the new widgets: Do you want the dashboard of your Doxis webCube landing page to have a special zone in which you can easily file documents? The new action widgets initiate the creation of a document. Starting with the next release, they will also initiate the creation of a process or eFile or start an action which you can define.
Doxis Business Studio 23.3: New functions for business admins
New functions are constantly being added to Doxis Business Studio, the user-friendly, no-code development environment for citizen developers. The current release helps you modify dialogs, monitor background services and the system status, edit eFile structures and much more. Doxis Business Studio is now also available in French, Spanish, Polish and Portuguese.
Doxis Healthcare Solution "on FHIR"
The standardized solution package for our customers in the healthcare sector – Doxis Healthcare Solution – has been extended again in the new release. The new version supports the FHIR standard for improved interoperability with other systems. The MD module for collaborating with the German Medical Service of Health Funds was also extended. For example, the integration of the MD module and the care provider portal was extended to make it possible for users to carry out all of their tasks in Doxis without the need to log on to the portal itself. This simplifies the interaction and exchange of data with the MD, as demonstrated in the following video:
New products and solutions with "AI inside" are continuously being added to the AI-based solutions presented here, which are already available. We will keep you informed through our blog about the upcoming innovations for easy-to-implement content and process automations in our quarterly release!