The archiving of important documents and data has been an important part of our society going back several centuries. It ensures that information is stored and preserved, either temporarily or permanently, and made available if necessary. But with growing amounts of information and data, more and more space is required for these archives. Fortunately, in this day and age, digital archiving provides a fantastic solution to an age-old problem.
What is document archiving?
Documents are your organization's fuel and foundation. In order to function effectively, the knowledge and data within your company needs to be readily accessible for those who need it. That's where document archiving comes in. This pertains to both physical documents and digital documents. It also involves data archiving. Data archiving usually pertains to various kinds of data: backup data and archived data.
Ways to archive documents
There are a variety of ways to archive documents -- here are a few:
Benefits of digital archiving
Electronic (or digital) archiving has many benefits. It's a space-saving long-term solution with a virtually limitless capacity for extension. When it comes to your document management, digital archiving saves you time, money, and even space. So what are the digital files you can store in a virtual archive or online archive? They can be anything your organization requires, from text files to image files, from videos to spreadsheets, and so much more. So what exactly are the most important digital archiving benefits? We've summarized them for you here:
Best practices of digital archiving with Doxis
- Flexible archiving scenarios: audit-proof, electronic archiving of information, temporarily or permanently, centrally or in separate systems if required — e.g. for HR eFiles (multitenant architecture)
- Secure: Fulfill compliance requirements, e.g. with access rights, automatic deletion deadlines and retention periods
- Traceable: Seamless documentation of all actions undertaken in documents and in the process instance
- Seamless storage across all media: Archive and retrieve images, documents, invoices, multimedia objects, emails, records, data from business applications and much more, regardless of format
- Information in its context: Archive, manage, search and provide documents, data and process instances in the right business context with eFiles and comprehensive storage and search functions
- High user acceptance: digital archive function for Windows, web and mobile devices as well as intuitive user interfaces with multilingual capability
- Modern technology: Supports all common storage systems and functions to prevent system failure, data loss, unauthorized exercising of rights and much more
- Scalable: Add users, tenants and business applications at any time and work with higher document and data volumes as needed.
Find out more about electronic archiving with Doxis »
Discover the new generation of ECM
Would you like to learn more about Doxis ECM platform? Schedule your personal live demo of Doxis or arrange for us to visit your company to show you its potential live and up close. We look forward to hearing from you!
Discover suitable topics
What is records management and why is it important?
5 signs that it’s time to eliminate information silos
What is the ROI of an automated invoice solution?
How can we help you?+49 (0) 30 498582-0
Your message has reached us!
We appreciate your interest and will get back to you shortly.